Leadership & Service Recognition Award
The Leadership & Service Recognition Award is designed to acknowledge Extension employees who have outstandingly contributed to the purpose and objectives of the Federation according to the Constitution and Bylaws.
Criteria for nomination:
- Promotes professional improvement within their respective association and in all areas of Extension work.
- Supports and encourages the development of a united approach for total Extension programming.
- Promotes and demonstrates high professional character and standards among all staff.
- Promotes understanding and cooperation, and helps provide a channel for ideas exchange.
- Establishes and maintains close relations and open lines of communication in all areas of Extension work.
- Works for the satisfactory benefit and service of all clientele of North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
Who is eligible?
Any association member in good standing who has exemplified and demonstrated the criteria listed above. Consideration for nomination should be given to individual leadership ability, quality customer service, teamwork relationships, and attention to special projects.
Eight runner-up winners (one selected from each of the 8 Extension Associations) will be selected. Each President-Elect will submit one nomination for their association. From those selected, there will be one overall NC JCEP Leadership & Service Award Winner.
Each runner-up will receive a certificate of recognition. The overall award winner will receive a sponsored award and plaque.
Nominations will be received by the NC JCEP Recognition and Awards Committee Chair until the close of the business day on October 30 in order to recognize the recipient at the Annual Federation Forum. The committee consists of the NC JCEP Officer at Large and Pres-Elects (Vice Presidents) from each of the associations. Nomination Form
NC JCEP Recognition and Awards Committee
Nominees will be assessed from the information provided in their nomination.
The judges’ panel represents the NC JCEP Officer at Large and the President-Elect (Vice President) from each member association.
The winner is selected in accordance with criteria stated on the nomination form and according to the following merit scale of 1 – 5 (with 5 being Outstanding demonstration/contribution):
||TOTAL SCORE (1-20 points)|
The winner will be announced at the Annual NC JCEP meeting in December.